Friday, December 26, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Well, Christmas came, and now the day is over. I have been trying for the last 3-4 hours to add a slideshow to the blog........as you can see, there is no slideshow.......ummm, any of you blog friendly users that would like to simplify my life and give me the instructions in simple words - I would greatly appreciate it.

The boys were appreciative of the few gifts they received. They actually slept in until 9 am! I was in shock - but not complaining!!! I will post more pictures when it is daylight. I have several cute ones of the boys opening gifts. I think my favorite was Ty opening his very own cell phone. He has carried it around, all day long. He puts it up to his ear and jabbers. Occasionally we can truly hear 'Hello' mixed in with the rest of his language. Sam and Ty were so sweet with him during present opening time. Very patient with him, as he took his time ripping the paper off.We spent the afternoon with my parents at their home. We had lunch, and then watched the New York Rockettes Christmas show. Ty sang with all the songs, as loud as he could, while waving his hands in the air. I do belive, if he could have figured out how to get his legs in the air at the same time, he might have succeeded with the leg kicks.

Jake carried all day and played very contentedly with his new 'favorite' toys. Bakugons......some magnetic small ball that opens up into some magical creature with certain powers, when it comes in contact with metal. He 'dueled' with me tonight, and made rules up to his advantage, when it was his turn. I giggled a lot while playing with him.

Sam was THRILLED with the nerf gun he received, and also the slippers he received. Now, he should stop swiping mine. Wood floors are extremely cold in the wintertime, here. Both boys LOVED the footie pajamas my mom gave them. As I was telling my mom that Jake would probably announce that he was going to change into his pajamas.....we looked up to both boys stripping and Jake announcing the change. He didn't take the pajamas off, still sleeping in them, he put them on approximately 1:30pm.Sam made me a wonderful kitchen apron (with the help of my mom). He proudly told me that he made sure there were red raspberries on the pocket.
I will post a picture.

Love to you all!!!! You are missed by all of us. More coming during the daytime hours (I really mean it, Jenna!)

6 comments:

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Yea, Mel! Sounds like a great holiday. Enjoy it!

Jenna said...

yea mel, i am so proud of you....Looks great...We miss you and heidee misses her baby ty...glad you are doing good, i thought about you on christmas day...love ya

nathansara said...

Glad you have posted and that you had a great Christmas. I am really not enjoying the snow and would LOVE IT if it all left right now. Hope all is well and glad you got your scrapbook stuff. Enjoy and I expect pictures posted soon of what you have done with it. :) Love ya!

Melanie said...

uuuuh, yeah, as soon as I do something with the scrapbooking stuff, I will take pictures! :)

Jaclyn, Brandon, Ava & Emma said...

Merry Christmas! I looks like you guys are doing great. Thanks for commenting on my blogs we have really missed you guys. As far as slide shows I have found the easiest way to make them in on slide.com you can get there from one of my blog slide shows too. Good luck! Tell Jake hi from all of us!

Neil and Roxy said...

Love the pictures of the Nativity scene:)I can't believe how BIG your boys are getting. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, Love you!

The boys

The boys
Christmas Day 2008

# of Visitors