Sunday, January 11, 2009

Temporary Trials

In the south there are many churches with wonderful sayings on their marquee's. One of my favorite things to do while driving is to read them. On Friday, I had the opportunity to visit with my sister, Rachel, who lives in Asheville. As we passed a small church, their marquee caught my attention. If Rachel had not been able to write it down quickly, I would have turned the truck around, and gone back.

"There are eternal reasons for temporary trials"

I know I have always known this, but seeing it on the marquee, made me realize, yet again, the eternal perspective of my life. Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us. I struggle everyday with my own trials, yet my Father in Heaven has not given me more than I can handle, He has not miscalculated my abilities. I have.

Just gave me food for thought.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

what a great quote....you are such a wonderful person, all the things you have been through and you stay so positive...i love you!!!
i dont have your new cell #, so get it to me or text me and we can talk....we will make your blog look awesome, you are doing great..
cell # 869-0882.... :)

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Amen - well said, Mel!

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

I saw a church marquee today and thought of you!!!! It read - "When you are down to nothing, God is up to something." Not that you are down to nithing, of course, just that it was a church marquee.... :)

Melanie said...

I love you Tina!! Thanks for making me giggle.

The boys

The boys
Christmas Day 2008

# of Visitors