The Lord continues to bless me as I am wading thigh high in trials. So often, I feel as if I am not going to make it. My dad said to me today, after I told him that the timing just isn't good (for backing into the car), "Daughter, when is there a good time?" Such a true statement. There is never a "good" time for the trials that unfold before us, as we see it. The Lord, on the other hand, has a "good" timing for each of the trials that come our way. As frustrating and heart-breaking as the trials are, I know that if I follow the Lord's counsel, He will see me through each and every one of them.
I read in the Ensign, Jan. 2010, an article by Elder Stanley G. Ellis, titled "What Should We Do When We Don't Know What To Do? He outlined 6 things that helped me remember what is MOST important.
1 - Seek answers through study and prayer.
2 - Obey the commandments.
3 - Trust in the Lord and in His Promises.
4 - Follow the prophet.
5 - Go forward in faith, not fear. (I needed to be reminded of this one, especially)
6 - Complete our mission.
Counsel from Boyd K. Packer: "Always, always follow the promptings of the Spirit."
I am grateful for my older brother, Jesus Christ. For His unselfish love for each and every one of us.
The boys and I have been so blessed this past year, and many prior, by so many wonderful and loving angels who were placed in our path. We love you and are so grateful for each of you!
Merry Christmas.
3 years ago

3 comments:
Boy you were up late. I loved seeing you all. You look great, and the boys look happy and healthy. Loved the post, it's important for all of us to keep life into perspective. Happy Holiday's. I know the lord will bless you with all the things he see's your in need of.
Love you mel! i loved this article too, i posted one to my blog as well that i loved! Hope all is well, xxoxoxo
You are so strong, Mel. And you WILL have what you need. So important to remember. And so comforting to know.
Post a Comment